Improved Files Security – WPJobBoard 5.10.0
WPJobBoard 5.10.0 was just released and you should see an update notification in your wp-admin panel within 24 hours max.
If you don’t notice it then go to the wp-admin / Dashboard / Updates panel and click the “Check Again” button it should show then.
Improved Files Security
The main new feature in version 5.10 is new file security settings, you can find them in the wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Files Security.
It allows for hashing the file paths and moving the files to a location that is unavailable from the browser. These settings are especially used for websites that are using a server different than Apache (Apache server has a mod-rewrite module that secures the files automatically and we have been doing this automatically for the past 10 years or so).
That said even if you are on the Apache server you can enable the Files Security and customize the files security settings to your needs.
You can learn more about this new feature and how to use it in the knowledge base.
Aside from one big change in the file security we also have multiple minor bug fixes and small improvements
- FEATURE: wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Files Security allows configuring additional file security features (especially for sites using Nginx and Lighttpd servers)
- FEATURE: Additional tags in the Indeed XML feed.
- FIXED: [wpjb_map] will not move to 0,0 coordinates when there are no search results to show on map.
- FIXED: [wpjb_jobs_add] shortcode using incorrect form scheme when more than one job form scheme exists.
- FIXED: More detailed error messages when a user without required capabilities will try accessing [wpjb_candidate_panel] or [wpjb_employer_panel]
- FIXED: Added nofollow links to the buttons in the file upload.
- FIXED: Type in the candidate membership configuration.
- FIXED: Error when calculating membership usage in PHP8
- FIXED: Removed files that are no longer being used.
- API: wpjb_get_print_capability filter allows selecting who can print applications
- API: wpjb_job_csv_import_column_unknown filter added to the job CSV import
- API: wpjb_singular_job_application_methods allows customizing available application methods.