Version 4.5.1 Facebook API Update
We just released WPJB 4.5.1, you should see it available in your dashboard within 24 hours, if not then go to wp-admin / Dashboard panel and click “Check Again” button. This should allow you to update to the latest WPJB version.
Facebook Integration Update
This version has 2 major changes. The first one is Facebook update if you had a problem with the Facebook integration then after upgrading go to wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Facebook panel reset the configuration and try connecting again this should work properly now.
Note that since the new Facebook API requires PHP 5.4 or newer, you will need to make sure that your server has this PHP version otherwise it will not work and enabling Facebook will cause a Fatal Error on site.
Embedded Mode Notice
If you are using WPJobBoard in Embedded Mode (you can check it in wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Default Pages and URLs panel, but if you purchased WPJB less than 2 years ago you should be fine) you will see a undissmissable notice in wp-admin panel which will nag you to switch the Shortcoded Mode.
I understand the message will be annoying but the reason it is not possible to hide is that we will be removing Embedded Mode on 19th July, after that it will not be possible to use it.
This is some work for users who haven’t made the switch yet for some reason, but great news for every other WPJobBoard user, without the Embedded Mode we will be maintaining smaller and less complex code base which means:
- We will be able to develop new releases faster.
- The new versions will be better optimized and tested as they will be only one mode to test with.
- Removing the old mode will significantly speed up WPJobBoard especially in the frontend.
- WPJB will use less server memory and processor power.
- The code base will be easier to maintain so it will less prone to error.
- With less code plugin will be easier to customize even for users who are not familiar with WPJB yet.
The migration we wanted to make as simple as possible, so we created a plugin that will do most of the work. You can read here how to migrate to shortcoded mode.
Below you can check the list of modified files in the Version 4.5.1.