WPJobBoard 4.1.4 (LinkedIn Update and Searching from wp-admin)
Version 4.1.4 was just released and you should see it soon in automatic updates panel, as always you can also download the update from client panel. This update is crucial for you if you are using Apply From LinkedIn feature. LinkedIn is deprecating old Apply From LinkedIn button on 1st August, if you want to have this functionality working you need to update.
What’s new in version 4.1.4?
- Apply From LinkedIn – like described earlier LinkedIn is discontinuing the old apply button, this involves a couple of changes to how the “Apply From LinkedIn” will now work. First of all, the option to apply via email only is gone, all LinkedIn applications will be sent as “normal” WPJB applications. The second change is that to the application a PDF file will no longer be attached, instead when viewing application details from wp-admin panel you will see a button as below
- Searching Candidates and Employers from wp-admin panel – now it is possible to search Candidates and Employers from wp-admin panel, similarly like Jobs.
- Link to Resume on job application – from admin panel you can allow Employers to see full Resume of a user who submitted an application to one of Employer jobs.
- General Job Application – new shortcode [wpjb_apply_form] was added. You can put this shortcode on any Page or Post it will generate a job application form. If a user will fill and submit this form his job application will be saved as a General Application, that is application not associated with any job.
- Google Maps V3 – WPJobBoard can now use Google Maps V3, in order to enable them you need to enter your Google API key in wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Google APIs panel.
Along with WPJobBoard 4.1.4 release, new Jobeleon version (1.1.3) was released, it is a recommended update as well.
The list of modified files in both WPJB and Jobeleon you can download from here.