WPJobBoard 4.2.1 (new reCAPTCHA integration)
WPJobBoard 4.2.1 was just released and you should see notification in your site wp-admin panel within no longer than 24 hours. This is a maintenance update so aside of UI improvements and bug fixes it has only 2 small new features.
New reCAPTCHA (AKA noCAPTCHA)
Recently Google released new reCAPTCHA. According to Google there is now a bot that can guess the old captcha 99% of the time, so it is recommended to switch to new one. It also has much better UI that should better blend with any site:
Note that in order to do that you need to go to reCAPTCHA admin panel, generate set of new keys, next go to wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / reCAPTCHA panel, enter there your new keys and in field Captcha Type select “noCAPTCHA”.
Other features and improvements
- standalone jobs list [wpjb_jobs_list], the jobs list can now work from a single page, that is the pagination does not redirect to search results
- API to enable custom fields custom rendering in the frontend, this will for example allow you to display custom fields on job details pages as links.
- API to select which fields should be locked on resume details page
- if user is required to login in order to post a job he will see login form and registration link instead of just an error message.
- Fixed, pagination in wp-admin panel
- Fixed, Indeed export categories
- Fixed, CareerBuilder properly selecting job types on import
- Fixed, Jobeleon child themes, the child templates are now always picked from correct directories without any additional code
- Fixed, job description paragraphs and lists formatting
Along with WPJB 4.2.1, Jobeleon 1.1.5 was released as well, you can download it from client panel (as currently Jobeleon does not have automatic updates).