WPJobBoard 4.4.7 – Advanced HTML emails
Today we are releasing WPJB version 4.4.7, this update took much longer than I originally expected but it was well worth it to put extra time into development, the new updates takes the transactional emails in WPJB to completely new level.
Emails are the most common communication method with potential employers and candidates, make your email stand out from other recruitment companies by sending beautifully crafted email templates perfectly matching your company branding, and the best part is, you can do all of that without any programming knowledge.
If you are familiar with HTML, you can edit the email HTML template and create your own unique and custom email template that will best represent your company brand.
When editing individual email templates you can preview the email template (both plain text and HTML) at any time to see live if you are getting exactly the result you are looking for the preview tool also allows to download your generated email to a HTML file so you can test it in different email clients using tools like Litmus.
We also redesigned the Insert Variable button, variables are grouped and each contains description explaining what data does the variable contain.
Email sending mechanism follows all guidelines for modern HTML emails:
- If the client does not support HTML emails he will see a plain text version of the message, so you can be sure that client will be able to read the email no matter what email client he is using to read the email.
- The emails include responsive CSS code, so they will look good on desktops and on mobile devices.
- All the CSS code is automatically inlined (using Emogrifier) to make sure that the email will display the same across all the email clients.
Aside of these changes there were following minor bug fixes and improvements
- some typos in in text fixed.
- API wpja_form_init_membership and wpja_form_save_membership filters added.
- API wpjb_editor_params filter added
- Feature validating date fields when uploading from XML or CSV
- Fixed callback loop on some installations when saving a Job, Resume or Company
- Fixed (for security) it is no longer possible to configure file upload fields to allow uploading PHP files, that is even if you allow uploading any file type, the PHP files will not be uploaded.
- Fixed full-text search when the search word contains “+” sign.
- Fixed link in Employer Panel breadcrumbs
- Fixed user email not set properly for email notify_employer_new_application
- Fixed incorrect redirect when searching from [wpjb_employers_list] shortcode
- Fixed make sure that correct resume id is set when adding Education or Experience (to avoid setting it to 0).
- Fixed uploading files when importing data from XML or CSV
- Fixed generating slugs when creating new Employer, Job or Resume when importing
- Fixed setting correct employer_id when uploading a job.
The complete files diff you can download here wpjb-4.4.7.txt.