We just released WPJobBoard 5.9, this is one of the biggest releases recently with changes that should make building and customizing the job board to your needs a lot easier.
You should see the update notification within 24 hours in your wp-admin panel, if not then go to the wp-admin / Dashboard / Updates panel and click the “Check Again” button it should allow you to update then.
New Features in WPJobBoard
Advanced search in wp-admin / Job Board / Applications panel
When browsing the job application in the administration panel you can now click the “More Filters” button to filter by name, email, Job, user ID, or application status.
You can also click the “Screen Options” button at the top right to add custom fields to the search and then filter by the custom fields as well.
See in the video below how it works
Import From RSS Feeds
Until now WPJB allowed importing jobs from Career Builder, Indeed, and ZipRecruiter, unfortunately, these services are either making it harder for users to be accepted into the publisher program or just disabling them completely.
This is why we are allowing importing from any RSS feed.
To schedule recurring imports from an RSS feed go to the wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Import and Export / Schedule New Import panel. In the Import From dropdown select “RSS Feed“, below enter the import URL, limit the import to new jobs only, select how many jobs per run you want to add, and click the Schedule button.
The import will run once a day and import jobs to your database. When editing the scheduled import you can see the logs so you can at any time check if the import is running.
Custom image size in the shortcodes
In the list and search shortcodes (that is [wpjb_jobs_list], [wpjb_jobs_search], [wpjb_resumes_list], [wpjb_resumes_search], [wpjb_employers_list]) you can now change the default image size using “image” param.
The default size is 50×50 if you would like to make the images on the jobs list wider and higher you can use the [wpjb_jobs_list] as
this will force the images to use 250px x 75px size.
Note you can use the “image” param as image=”none” then the image column will be hidden.
Additionally, you can pass the image_default_url param to change the default image shown when no logo or avatar is uploaded, the value should be a full URL starting with “http://” or “https://” pointing to an image.
- FEATURE: Updated REST API to allow PUT and DELETE methods for the /jobs/ requests (also the example snippets were updated to show how using these methods will be possible).
- FEATURE: The [wpjb_jobs_search] shortcode can be used with an “always_show_results” param, to show the search results on each page load (not only after a search).
- FEATURE: Privacy update, in the [wpjb_employer_panel] / Applications / the View Resume button, will show only if the Resume owner allows viewing his resume.
- FEATURE: <candidate_id> tag added to the <application> tag in the XML import allowing assign the applications to candidates on import.
- FIXED: When exporting files to XML the “&” character is replaced with “-“.
- FIXED: Jobs, companies, and resumes do not have user_id assigned correctly on import.
- FIXED: Multiselect input not closing when clicking outside of if.
- API: wpjb_taxer_tax_rate, wpjb_taxer_type, wpjb_taxer_enabled, wpjb_taxer_price and wpjb_taxer_discount filters allow modifying the user tax rate or price to pay on the fly – see below the code snippet explaining how to use it.