WPJobBoard 5.9.3 has been just released, this is a recommended update mainly with bug fixes and small improvements. If you won’t see an update notification in your wp-admin panel within 24 hours, go to the wp-admin / Dashboard / Updates panel and click the “Check Again” button.
Changes in version 5.9.3
Below you can see what we changed in the latest release:
- FEATURE: In the wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Google APIs panel you can now enter Public and Private keys to protect your keys from unauthorized usage.
- FIXED: Applications count showing incorrectly in [wpjb_employer_panel] when the “new” application status is not public.
- FIXED: Calculating the number of membership uses left with PHP8+
- FIXED: Job title and job_zip_code fields not searchable from the [wpjb_jobs_search] shortcode
- FIXED: locations fields (country, state, zip code and city) not searchable in the [wpjb_resumes_search] shortcode.
- FIXED: Suggestions not working in the wp-admin / Job Board / Applications panel when editing an application.
If you want to take advantage of the Public and Private Google API keys please check out the updated Google APIs documentation.
The knowledge base explains how to create keys from scratch, but if you are already using the Google integration, then most likely you already have one key (since it has been already exposed it is best use it as a Public key), in this case, you can only set restrictions for the Public key and only create the Private key.