‘Categories‘ allow grouping posted jobs according to their categories and general disciplines i.e. ‘Software’, ‘Teaching’, ‘Pharmaceutical’, etc.
To access Categories panel go to wp-admin / Settings (WPJB) / Categories.
‘Categories’ shows information about the list of job categories with ‘Title’, ‘Slug’, ‘Total Jobs’ and ‘Total Resumes’.
- Title: It shows the name used to identify the job category almost everywhere, for example under the post or in the category widget.
- Slug: It is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Total Jobs: It shows the number of jobs posted for the selected job category.
- Total Resumes: It shows the total number of candidates applied for the selected job category.
Managing Job Categories
Now you can work on your Job ‘Categories’, if you don’t have any, you can easily create it. Click the button ‘Add New‘. When you
do this, you will see a page which will allow creating a ‘Categories‘.
Here you can see three options.
- Category Title – Create a name for your categories.
- Category Slug – It is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Order – The smaller the number the higher the item will be displayed in the list.
The user can delete or edit the particular job category entry by hovering the mouse on particular job category title.